Ah, Chicago! Whether you know it as the Windy City, the Second City, the City that Works, or the City of Big Shoulders, Chicago is the third largest city in the entire U.S. and home to an incredible array of attractions. At A-Abiding Care, we LOVE Chicago, and thrive on sharing the beauty of the city with the seniors in our care!
With more than 200 theaters and art galleries, dozens of museums and historical sites, over 7,300 restaurants, 552 parks and 26 miles of lakefront, there’s something for everyone! Our top picks include wandering through Grant Park (fondly referred to as Chicago’s “front yard”), enjoying the view from the water on one of the city’s many boat cruise options, and marveling at the wonders displayed in the Art Institute of Chicago.
And for those who prefer staying in, our Chicago at-home senior care, provided by our fully trained and experienced caregiving team, will bring enjoyment right to you! Just some of the many ways we’re helping seniors enhance their wellbeing and quality of life include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Playing mind-stimulating games together
- Engaging in physician-approved exercise programs
- Participating in hobbies and crafts, such as scrapbooking, gardening, baking, etc., according to each individual senior’s interests
- Picking up/returning books and movies from the library
- Spending an afternoon together looking at photo albums and reminiscing
- Assisting with a full range of personal care services, including help with hygiene, light housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, and much more
All of our Chicago home care services begin with a free in-home assessment, provided by an RN, and include RN supervisory visits every 45 days. Care plans are updated ongoing as needs change, and visits are scheduled around YOUR schedule.
To learn more about how A-Abiding Care’s compassionate Chicago caregivers can bring a ray of sunshine into daily life for your senior loved one, give us a call any time at 847-698-1400. We look forward to serving you!