Setting Your Own Course-Transitions of Care and Aging in Place Conversation is sponsored on Thursday, April 16th, 11 am at the Norwood Park Senior Center. The Continuum of Care panel conversation will:
- Discuss options and resources to age in place
- Review independent and assisted living options
- Explore what Continuous Care Retirement Communities offer
- Discuss what happens when spouses age differently and have different care needs
Panelists include representatives from
- A-Abiding Care, Inc
- Bethesda Retirement
- Central Baptist Village
- Norwood Park Senior Center
- Presence Resurrection Medical Center
- Presence Resurrection Life Communities
- Rainbow Hospice & Palliative Care
- The Summit of Uptown
The conversation is open to the public, but please call 773-775-6071 to confirm reservation for a light lunch to follow. The Norwood Park Senior Center is located at 5801 N Natoma, Chicago. Street parking available.
The Setting Your Own Course series is a result of a Community Health Needs Assessment conducted in 2012 by Presence Resurrection Medical Center for their 11 zipcode service area. The assessment revealed the highest priority health issues were Navigating Resources and Senior Issues. A collaborative team of community stakeholders came together to provide these conversations to engage, empower, enrich and education you and the community.