Understanding Your Options Leads to Better Senior Home Care Decisions
Let’s face it, choosing care for yourself or a loved one is an overwhelming task, and it’s not a decision to be made in a rush. It’s important to understand all your care options and to thoroughly vet those options so you can make the best decisions for your family and loved ones.
In 2005, the Illinois Legislature passed the Illinois Home Health, Home Services and Home Nursing Agency Licensing Act, requiring all home health, home services and home nursing agencies to be licensed. However, a great home health care agency needs more than just a license. Before you entrust your loved one to a senior home care agency, you should know some key information, including:
- What level of services does the agency provide?
- What are the credentials of the agency owner and who supervises the caregivers?
- What skills and training do the agency’s caregivers have?
- How long has the agency been in business?
- Who, if anyone, will be there to answer calls after hours?
- How are caregivers screened and hired?
Download Our Senior Home Care Comparison Sheet
Our Care Comparison Sheet provides interview questions you can use to help guide you in your home care search. Click here to download this worksheet, and as always, feel free to contact A-Abiding Care of Park Ridge, IL to learn more about our Chicago home care for seniors.